Tuesday 29 January 2013

Vanille Extreme by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

I am a sucker for Vanilla perfumes. I must. have. them. So when I saw this sample at Lucky Scent, I had to give it a whirl.

The Scent

Extreme is 200% correct, this one is super duper sweet!!!! Your dentist would NOT approve!!!!



Vanille Extreme (this one is the EDT version) starts off with a tooth achingly sweet vanilla ice cream blast, as if you've had your head stuck in the carton & had a massive feeding frenzy. It's dripping from your nose, mouth & chin. You can almost FEEL the stickiness of the sugar, vanilla & milk.

The vanilla here is not rich or warm, but similar to concentrated vanilla essence and the milk note makes it creamy & sweet. Sillage is at maximum here!

The heliotrope then joins in but turns into a bit of a party pooper, calming the scent down with a floral twist. Don't get me wrong, it's not awful however personally I'd prefer the sugar, milk & vanilla to be solo.

Lasting Power


The initial blast of Vanille Extreme lasts about an hour or 2 on me, and then stays close to the skin, it doesn't completely fade. During the day I get vanillary whiffs that make me want to lick my arm.

Will I Buy It?

I will enjoy my sample whilst it lasts, but I don't think I will be buying a full bottle of this. It's very nice, but I don't love it.

Do I Recommend It?

If you're a vanilla lover like myself, you MUST try it! I recommend picking a sample up at Lucky Scent before you spring for a while bottle though.

No comments:

Post a Comment