Wednesday 27 February 2013

Sunset Flowers by Montale

I received Montale's Sunset Flowers as a sample with my Montale purchase from Parfums Raffy. I didn't ask for this sample & haven't really read much about this fragrance. I was excited to try it!

Fragrance Notes:

Lemontree Leaves
Green Apple
Blue Chamomile
Parma Violet


The Scent

Sunset Flowers starts out like an uber floral EA (Elizabeth Arden) power fragrance - the apple & violet I'm guessing. At first I thought - oh no! A generic Montale!

It then surprised me by taking on the relaxing chamomile, calming down the fragrance slightly. I love chamomile tea, and this is the first instance that I've actually recognised chamomile as a note in a fragrance. I like it!

Then the petitgrain comes into the tag team. I've never really noticed petitgrain before (although looking up the note I see it's in a couple of my perfumes) & was pleasantly surprised by the woody, herby slightly spicy quality that it gave this scent. It's at this point that Sunset Flowers is turned into a unisex fragrance & would now probably appeal to men.

It reminds me a little of a less lemony Eau d'Hadrien by Annick Goutal (see my review here). The apple gives it a tiny sour tilt which matches the herbs perfectly.

This one is definitely worth a try by both men & women.

Would I buy a full bottle?

Well, whilst I do like Sunset Flowers, I just don't love it.  So although I will wear & enjoy my sample whilst it lasts, it will not turn into a full bottle. It's just not me right now.

My rating: 6.5/10 (.5 is for the Chamomile!)

No comments:

Post a Comment